Friday 21 November 2008

Only Sometimes Now

I’ve posted four times this week. I’m excited about that. Why? It feels good. Good like I accomplished something. I usually let perfectionism stand in my way with posting. Perfectionism is a funny thing. It can be a wonderful asset. Like say, when you are proofing or editing a project but man can it be the biggest stumbling block we put right there in front of ourselves. As if we needed an even higher hurdle to jump over in daily life. I’ve always been one for a challenge but making things more difficult than need be is not challenging, it’s just plain frustrating. I don’t know about you but when I get frustrated I don’t tend to put forth my best work.

I’m tossing perfectionism right out the window.

“Can you hear me perfectionism. I’m only calling on you when you are a help, not a hindrance. I love you dearly when you make me shine but too many times you have stood in my way. I am sorry but we can no longer continue on this way. I have to let you go.”

On with life. On with mistakes. On with stumbling and getting back up. On with allowing things to be ordinary and average. On with finding joy and beauty in the ordinary and average. On with recognising success does not come without failure. On with celebrating those failures as little stepping stones to a higher ground. On with embracing our flaws. On with living.

The perfectionist didn’t even plan these words. She just let her thoughts become words. That is a good thing.

3 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Good on you, bella...and good for us too :)

Anonymous said...

*Soooo* hard to do, ain't it?? Congrats and thanks for the inspiration!

Suz. said...

Out with perfectionism!!!! I so agree. Quite freeing. I've been doing a lot of that lately, in school work and in relationships and I have only seen the upside of doing so.